Monday, June 18, 2007

First blog post! (Well ...real blog post anyway..the first didn't count) Thought I would jump on the blog band wagon and see if I can actually keep up with postings this time instead of letting the poor thing sit and collect dust.


One of my most favorite things to do is create jewelry. I have my own little Etsy shop at secretgardenjewelry.com I've even bought my logo to plaster all over my car *snicker* haven't gotten the courage to actually put them on yet...that would be like I was really in business! So far, I've sold 5 items, but it's such a big thrill to actually think someone would PAY for something I make. I'm into all kinds of things..I like making vintage looking jewelry from old skeleton keys and antique escutcheon's (pronounce that 5 times!) Anywho...I've just discoved a new supply...costume jewelry! I have some ideas about adding pieces of that to my design's so stay tuned for some new pieces. I knew I should have taken a metal class in highschool instead of home ec...


I plan on doing some tutorials soon too..just easy peasy things like wire wrapping rings and wire wrapping a cab. I'm taking a class on it sunday, so wish me luck! I'll share my knowledge when I get back....


Now if I can figure out how to add a video to this thing, I'll show you my inspiration for "bully" beads...one of the loves of my life...my little bully dog Cass.Both of my "pups" are great, but little Cass likes to snore at my feet while I'm working on new pieces.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

My best bud's back on the blog scene!! I was wondering when you'd give the blog a go again--LOL! ;o) I think all you've been doing with your jewelry creation has been an inspiration. I love what you make, and am proud to own & wear one of your necklaces. You just keep getting better & better. Looking forward to seeing your tutorials here! I sew & knit, but dabble in beads/jewelry...so I can use all the help I can get! Can't wait to see you back here soon! Oh, I miss you all & the puppies! That clip of Cass is HILARIOUS!! Love Ya! ((HUGS))

Unknown said...

Love your "beading buddy"! He snores pretty loudly!